Thursday, October 22, 2009

He's 3... and some other stuff

M2 is 3 years old!!

I can't believe that my baby is growing up.
A real little boy!!

We are even attemtping to potty train,
He is catching on - and the diaper bill has gone down...

Here are some pictures from his birthday...







HAPPY BIRTHDAY M2!!!

On a few other notes...
I have been quilting and sewing up a storm!
Just what every quilter wants to do...

We have decided to do a "
Total Money Makeover"
and so I have been sewing a Halloween Costume this year.
Now I'm a quilter - not a seamstress, so this is rather difficult
I never know exactly how to do it - but it seems to be turning out OK.

M1 has decided to be Batman,
(The costume I had to make)


And M2 has decided to be Superman
(The costume I stole my pattern from for Batman)

My MIL made the superman outfit
about 10 years ago when #1 was 3

My boys LOVE it!!
I think I have even caught their father wearing it once or twice
-BUT don't tell!

As for quilting...
Here are a few of the projects I have been working on.

This one is for the Secret Angel swap
Can't tell who it is for - but I hope she'll like it!


These blocks are just waiting to be set in some fashion
Can't decide what that is yet - I'm up for suggestions...



These pinwheels were stolen from the trash...
Yes girls - you get desperate when you have to live on a tight budget.
Actually - they where extra from a quilt retreat and my wonderful quilting friend let me take them...



Now there is a story with the 3 blocks above
You probably don't know but they are missing their friend
You see I take applique to my son's soccer practices, games, etc
and somehow the applique fairy came into our car and took just one block
I have no idea where that one block went.....
I have a sneaking suspicion it is in the same place as all those darn missing socks!

BUT if you find a block that looks like the ones above
or the single one below - please send me an email and let me know!
I'm short on the tree fabric - and it makes me mad!!



Ok - calm down you say...

Next few photos are of #1's soccer team.
They just finished State Cup in the semi-finals
They are an awesome group of boys!!


GO PATRIOTS!!


The one in red is my son.
He is a short little guy - but look at how he can jump...
Some days I think he has springs for legs!
Obviously he got his head on this ball!!



Well... That's a catch up for our family!
Hopefully your family is having as much fun and success as ours!!

2 comments:

Richard Bell said...

You have a wonderful family to be soooo proud of!! And a quilting skill to be proud of too.

Carey Johnson said...

You are such an incredible quilter! What an artist!