Another tradition in our family at Christmas time is...
READING CHRISTMAS STORIES
I am an avid reader and love the Christmas stories
We read from a variety of books,
How the Grinch Stole Christmas,
The Polar Express
The Gift of the Magi
and many others
My favorite stories to read for Christmas come out of 2 very special books
These books are written from long ago and tell us about the birth of Christ.
The Bible
The story of Christ in these books always brings the feeling of warmth during this Christmas season.
I love to read about his birth, his life, his sacrifice, and his love for each of us.
If you haven't read the Bible or the Book of Mormon I encourage you to do so this season.
The Spirit that will enter into your heart and your home
will make this holiday season absolutely wonderful.
To each of you that read this blog, may you all find peace and joy this holiday season...
2 comments:
I had two books that I would read to my boys every Christmas - one was a pop-up copy of the Night Before Christmas poem, and the other was Charles Dickens' version of the nativity, beautifully written and illustrated. My father used to read Charles Dickens' 'A Christmas Carol' to me every year, and bought me a little vintage copy of it, which I have continued to read myself every year - that's about 55 reading of it!!
Hi Tara. I am making my family blog private. If you are interested in viewing it just send me your email and I will add you to the list. Mine is careyjohnson321@gmail.com
Post a Comment