Christmas Traditions are big in my family
and my husband and I continue to carry them on.
The next few posts will be about our traditions as a family.
Some we are starting new this year,
others we have done for our married lives.
The Tradition for today is that of seeing the
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS at TEMPLE SQUARE.
Beginning in July each year the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
starts stringing Christmas lights.
These lights are turned on
the day after Thanksgiving and remain on until the New Year.
Each tree is wrapped in hundreds of lights...
Here are some pictures from Temple Square.
If you have never been there...
IT IS WORTH THE TRIP!!





3 comments:
Everyone should have and enjoy traditions- especially at Christmas time. We also used to enjoy the lights as a family growing up. I miss that living in Ca. Can't wait to hear about your other traditions.
Keef has never seen Temple Square with all the lights on so we attempted to go last year only we were a day early! We did end up getting some awesome pictures of him posing on the "launching pad" in shorts & a hoodie. In retrospect, I'm glad we were a day early because I'm not sure the visitors would have liked my wookie laugh.
What lovely pictures. My boys went down for mutual this last week. We'll probably go as a family when my brother in law and his boys come between Christmas and New Years.
Post a Comment