Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall is here...

This weekend it poured rain,
during soccer,
during grocery shopping,
during running,
and on and on...

Supposedly there is now SNOW in the forecast
{UGH!}
This means that inevitably fall is here and summer is gone.
But I'm not complaining as it is my favorite time of year.
Time for sweaters,
Leaves changing,
Cuddling (this is my favorite),
Good food - PUMPKIN anything is GOOOD!

Quick Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 Spice Cake Mix
1 Small Can Pumpkin Pie Filling
1 Bag Chocolate Chips
Mix all ingredients and form 2" cookie balls,
Place on an ungreased cookie sheet
Bake at 375 for 10-12 min
YUMM-O

This weekend was time for General Conference. I loved every minute of it.
The talks seemed to help encourage me in my everyday life,
they gave me the lift I need...
We all can use a boost every now and then!

I even got in a little time for sewing this past weekend.
I finished a table runner I found when I was pulling out the Halloween decor.
Crazy me all it needed was bound - the binding was even sewn on it already.


I've been working on my Angel Stitchery - can't show too much...
But I think it is coming along nicely....
This is just one of the projects that I have started,
but I dont' want to give away the farm...



The kids of course played and played,
Uncle J decided to teach M2 to pull funny faces...
Isn't he cute???

This little one will celebrate his birthday this next week.,
He will be 2 years old, and yes he can through tantrums!!!
But he has decided that he wants to be potty trained,
Actually he tells us that he needs to go, we put him on,
and Ta Dah... he goes.
I like it this way! We haven't even had to do anything...
I guess when you have 2 older brothers, and a father
you get the hang of it pretty quickly!!
Has anyone ever had someone potty trained so early in life??
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining!

This weekend is my quilt guild's quilt retreat.
Each October we hold a one day retreat and offer classes, food and fun!
My mom will be teaching this time!
She is an amazing hand piecer and hand quilter...
Yes Mom I'm bragging about you!!!
She has even won a blue ribbon for her quilting.
{Stop Blushing Mom!}
I'm excited to spend sometime away from the boyz and just enjoy some quilting.
TTYL!!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Love your table runner! Enjoy your retreat!

Dionne said...

Now that is a recipe I MUST try!! I'm really glad I stumbled across your blog. :-)
Have fun on your retreat!
Cheers,
Dionne

Keef, Cris & gang said...

I'm jealous! I doubt that I'll ever get to wear my sweaters again, unless we have to go back to Montana in January again for some reason. I am going to try the cookies soon to see if I can bring a little bit of fall to the hottest place on earth. (that's my personal take on St George)