When I started quilting I read a book called
"How NOT to Make A Prize Winning Quilt"
by
I laughed hilariously.
an "Ugly Quilt" contest.
These quilts where UGLY!!!
Now there is a blog I love to watch and read.
This blog is Stash Manicure
This isn't really a contest but more of an exchange
We get a brown bag of fabrics - totalling 2 yards
from someone else's stash and we have to make a quilt of this fabric
I thought it sounded like fun -
and quite a challenge
so I joined.
I imagine you won't have an Ugly Quilt!
1 comment:
Tara,
Thanks for visiting me on Stash Manicure today. I don't have a pattern for the applique I'm doing. I saw something similar to it though at a quilt guild meeting I went to a year or two ago (they gave everyone instructions on how to do applique and that was the sample they had.) So I just made up some templates for how I remembered the design and went for it. It's simple - just some circles, some leaves and some stems (made with my 3/8" bias tape maker.) Glad you liked it!
Thanks again,
Amber Johnson
Post a Comment