Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's Finished




It's finished!
I finished the charity quilt in the nick of time. My son's 6th grade class lost a student to an aut0 - bike accident about 4 weeks ago. The class and the school decided to do a fundraiser for the local children's hospital - Primary Children's. The class drew on the fabric with markers and crayons and I put the quilt together. I finished it up this morning so my son could take it to the class to show them before the counselor took in the donations to the hospital today.


Tomorrow it is off to Shop Hop! Yippee!!! I need to get the final items for my pin cushion for the swap. I'm so excited to get this in the mail! I hope my swap partner loves it, I'll post pictures once I know she has received it. It's a secret that's for sure.
Last night I finished my school for this semester. Now I have a little break until the fall semester starts. I can see the end is coming. So close but so far. At least now I will have some much needed time to spend with my family (and the sewing machine!)

2 comments:

Arlette said...

Tara, this is such a fabulous quilt. I can only imagine how much work went into creating such an intricate piece. I enjoyed browsing your blog. You have a very beautiful family.
The hexagon pincushion that you inquired about is just something that I put together from an idea that popped into my head. I just winged it and didn't create a pattern for it. Just incase you haven't seen it yet, I do have a tutorial on my blog on how to make hexagon yo-yo's. Hope this helps you to create a pincushion of your own.
Aloha!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

How tragic for your son and his class mates. I am sure theat working on the quilt was such a positive experience for them all. It turned out beautifully!