I have also decided to join the Crafty, Creative & Fit bloggers. You can see who all is joining at the Running Quilter blog, or click on the picture in my sidebar. I figure this is a great way to be excited about getting fit - and being creative!!
Now a quick question, I own a great Bernina sewing machine, but to be honest I am scared to death to try and machine quilt on it. Now why is that??? I know I should be able to do it, but I just can't seem to get up the courage to sit down and practice. It scares me to death. So anyone out there that knows of a great how to video on the web, or a class or something that can help me get over this fear that would be great!!!
I have also finished my bag for Linda's bag swap - but NO PICTURES, can't give anything away...
Till next time!
3 comments:
Congrats on the two pounds. I think I keep losing the same 5 pounds and then they find me again and I lose them and they find me it's' a vicious cycle.
There is going to be a free motion quilting class at Quiltfest in Ogden in September. I think they have books with all the classes in the local quilt shops. If that doesn't work out for you I'll be teaching at Theads of Time in Centerville some time in November. I have been doing free motion on my Bernina for the last 4-5 years. Hope that helps you.
Well done on finishing your bag. You really are on the ball, mine is still in pieces. And congrats on ditching those 2 pounds.
Great job on the 2 pounds...keep it going! As for the Bernina, I have the machine and I encourage you to try out the machine quilting. Make a bunch of simple and easy quilts or just make some quilt sandwiches out of scraps and go for it. I was not very good at all when I started and now I just go for it. Start with meandering and not crossing over your own lines and go from there. Just jump in...it just takes practice. It's a pretty amazing technology that Bernina has. The Running Quilter...Wendy
Post a Comment