Friday, August 22, 2008

An Award... Growing Up... & OuCH!!

First off I was so excited to check on of my absolute favorite blogs to discover that I had been given an award. Jo Anne has given me the below award for my blog! THANKS!! It is so exciting to see how wonderful all the people in blogland are.

Now I must nominate 5 blogs as well... This is a tough one as I LOVE to blog surf, but here goes...

1- Karen is getting this award for getting me started on my way to blogging. I love to blog now, I think I'm an addict.... anyone know of a support group? maybe there's a blog out there that can help me.

2- Piper's Girls is getting this award for getting me started on quilting. I walked into that store for a birthday present - for me of course, and I haven't been able to get enough of it. The owner has developed my love of quilting in so many ways. I love to see all the new things they are bringing into the store. They offer online purchasing - gotta love it!

3- Sarah at Anyone Can Quilt: I absolutely love this blog!!! I can't seem to get enough of it. She has recently posted a Machine Quilting 101 and made it seem so simple that I just had to sit down and try... I did it! Check out her blog for great tutorials, amazing photos, etc...

4- Wendy at The Running Quilter gets this award for encouraging us to strive a little harder in our creativity, to enjoy being fit, and never give up!! Check out her blog for some great motivation for working out and being creative.

5- Lynette Anderson from Lynette Anderson's design. She has beautiful stitching and quilting. The free BOM for Noah's Ark is so cute!! Too bad I'm not having any more boys to make this quilt for. But I'm pretty sure someone in the Bergeson family will be...

Now on to some other things...

My baby is growing up! Today was his first day of Junior High. He was so excited but nervous.

He started out as a little bundle. I can't say a little bundle of joy because he came into this world fighting with all his strength

to stay a live. He was born 9 week premature and had to be hosptialized for 6 weeks in ICU. What a strain on his mother!!! I never knew what was going to happen to him. He made it from a little 4 lb 2 oz premie to an amazing 12 year old.

He amazes me every day. I know I will never hold him as my little baby again, but to watch him grow and mature has been amazing.... I love this little guy!





Now for the OuCH!!!

I took a weight lifting class this morning at 545 am. That's right I was up and out of bed and now I can't even lift my arms, legs, sit, stand, etc... I know that this will help me get fit, but it hurts today. I will be doing a weight class twice a week so not only will I lose fat but I will also tone those long lost muscles that I really feel today... UGH!!!

I'm off for a couple of days.. we are headed to Bear Lake to soak in some relaxation!

Ta Ta for now....

3 comments:

Karen said...

Tara, I'm so honored to be a blog you love! You're so sweet. Also, I almost cried...okay I did cry a little...when I saw those pictures of Andrew as a baby and then on his first day of junior high. I can't believe it. He is one great kid!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tara B! So sweet of you to include my little blog in your awards. You've made my day! x

Wendy said...

Thanks for thinking of me!! Congrats on the weight training class. The soreness will probably linger for a while..it's always worse 2 days afterward, but if you keep with it and are consistent the intensity of the soreness will ware off and the rest you will just get used to...plus you will be fit!! Thanks Wendy