This is your typcial Love / Hate relationship, or I should say Hate / Love relationship. My brother has decided that we are going to go hike the Subway at Zion's National Park. This is a slot canyon similar to the Narrows. Well, for those of you who know me, I'm not exactly in the best of shape! (That is putting it mildly!) But I have decided I can do this. So here comes the Hate / Love part.
Every morning at 5AM the alarm goes off... I encourage my husband to hit the snooze button at least 2 times before I move my lazy butt out of the bed to go hit the treadmill.
Every morning at 5AM the alarm goes off... I encourage my husband to hit the snooze button at least 2 times before I move my lazy butt out of the bed to go hit the treadmill.

Thus the HATE part...
I HATE EXERCISING!
I'm not sure why we can't just ride around in mobile chairs like in Wall E (the recent Disney Movie). But then I remember that I am created in God's image, and I should treat my body like a temple.
BUT IT HURTS!
I know go complain to someone who will listen.
NOW the LOVE part!
I actually LOVE how this is making me feel.
It's invigorating, I'm energetic,
I can do this... because at the end of all of this is a new SKINNY me...geez -I haven't seen skinny in 12+ years.
AND I WILL GET TO SEE THIS...
3 comments:
We did the subway last year & it was well worth every minute of it! My favorite part was getting to stay cool by walking through the river. It's the first time I've gone hiking down here & haven't complained about the heat.
I feel your exercising pain. Craig and I hit the gym every morning...I hate it. I really want to be thinner, though, so I go. Sometimes kicking and screaming. (I am SUCH a whiner!!)
Best of luck to you. You will be glad you worked as hard as you did once you get to the subway!
Ugh, I hate exercise too. I need it, I do it 3x a week (need more) but I still hate it. Hey...ROUND IS A SHAPE!! I should know, that is the shape I am in. :( Stick with it! It is all worth it.
Post a Comment