Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Finished - Yes I'm Reading it - R U?

I have a finish and it didn't take me forever...
I had a quilt retreat with several friends in March 08 and we exchanged paperdoll blocks. Since I put it together I got to select what we where doing, so I told each lady that the background had to be white/cream and the dress needed to be a red. With those instructions this is what I received from these ladies.

This was the first quilt that I have done with a wavy border. They aren't fun, but I love the look it added to this quilt!!


Each lady signed their blocks for me.

We had a wonderful weekend quilting, talking, eating, and all good things that come with great friends!! I hope to plan another weekend soon....

Now.... the 4th book in the Twlight series came out on Saturday. I went with some friends to pick up the book at midnight from Borders. There was fun to be had. A blood drive for the hospital, fortune telling, trivia, etc. I stood in line but then didn't buy the book. I knew I had enough friends that did buy the book I wouldn't have to worry. Last night my neighbor brought over her book so that I could begin reading it.



Are you a Jacob fan, or an Edward fan???

1 comment:

em's scrapbag said...

I loved the paper doll quilt. What fun. How did you set up your retreat? Sounds like fun. I would be interested in doing one with my friends when my hubby and boys go on thier father and sons outing this fall.