Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Surprises - Finishes - Hair Dye - Car Troubles... blah... blah...blah

Ok - First is first, I have a couple of quilting projects that are finally done! Yipee - I am not be part of the Finish 5 by July, but I am slowly getting things finished. My mom is even finishing her projects thanks to a little nudge from Dad. Here are the pics...


This is a minkee receiving blanket with some burp cloths for my sister-in-law that is expecting a girl.

(Girls are hard to come by in my family - so far the score on my side is 5 boys 3 girls, on my husbands side it is 8 boys 1 girl.)

Thus we must spoil the girls!!!





This quilt is for the Quilts 4 Cancer project that the Utah Quilt Guild is involved with.


It even has the label on and is ready to hand in. I will hand it in at the next guild meeting. YIPPEE!

Now I also received my pincushion from the Pincushion Swap that was done by Linda at All Stitched Up. She did a wonderful job of setting this up. I have had so much fun with the Pincushion swap that I decided to do the bag swap Linda has also put together.

I was so excited to get this package my husband told me it must be Christmas. Here are the wonderful pics...



The package arrived all the way from Melbourne, Australia.

What a beautiful box!!


The exciting contents - still more unwrapping - HOW EXCITING!!


Look at the amazing pincushion that Dawn from Stitching for Pleasure created for me.

She even remembered my boys - chocolate and carmel - I'm not sure if they will acutally

eat these as chocolate and carmel are one of my absolute favorite combinations!!


HAIR DYE...


Andy decided that he wanted brown hair. I'm not sure why but he thought that it would look good. Now he is normally a very light blonde so this was sure to be interesting. But I remember some great advice - Pick your battles! At least it wasn't flaming red, or fuschia, or purple. He just wanted it brown. So here goes...




The final picture isn't available yet as he wouldn't let me take one this morning. I will get him tonight and add to this post. I think it looks good - but he isn't too sure about it.

Now MORE car troubles. Today Coby's car started acting up and he took it back to the shop. We only purchased this car about 3 months ago and I think it has been in the shop more than it has been out of the shop. The mechanic thinks that it is either the oil pump, or he blew the engine. We are really hoping it is just the oil pump as there is a recall notice on it and it would cost us very little to have that fixed. If it is the engine it would be significantly different. Hopefully it is just the pump.

Just a reminder to post a comment so that you could win Happy Jack, or a surprise. So far it is definitely going to be easy to pick for this as the comments are low.

Have a great one wherever you may be!!!

4 comments:

Nic said...

Wow you scored a cute pincushion and a fab stash of chocolate too. Even though i like my odds on winning Happy Jack, LOL, I'll add a link on my blog so some more bloggers can see your wonderful giveaway and blog.

Jo-Anne said...

If I leave another comment will it give me another chance at winning Happy Jack???? :)

Gosh...so sorry about the car trouble! What a pain....I do hope it is just the oil pump so you don't have to cough up any more $$$.

Your new pincushion is too much fun! That was the funnest swap ever. I am hoping the bag swap is just as fun. HAve you chosen a pattern yet?? I am still deciding...
I am sending happy thoughts your way! :):):)
Jo-Anne

Keef, Cris & gang said...

I wholeheartedly agree with "pick you battles!" My mom said that some of the best advice she ever got about kids & what they want to do when they hit the teen years is to remember that they are the ones that have to walk around looking like the fool with purple hair and that hair grows out and holes close up. :)

Rhonda Martin said...

Aaah your a good mom~! You said it right "pick your battles" and this one was not worth picking like you said at least he didn't want purple. It will be interesting to see how he looks. Keep writing and we will keep reading. Have a great week.